Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Roast Chicken



I made last nights dinner. Which was a rotisserie chicken, garlic and herb couscous, and some more sauteed  green beans we still had from the dinner the day before.  We received a convection oven with a rotisserie attachment for our wedding. I've just recently gotten to use it. It's fantastic. It takes about 1.15 minutes to roast an entire chicken.

The chicken, I covered in olive oil, rosemary, fresh garlic, oregano, parsley, honestly whatever looked good. There really is no method to my cooking rubs. Then I just let it do it's thing. The green beans were sauteed with garlic and herbs and a bit of olive oil. The couscous alas from a box, but fast easy and delicious.




I also made dessert tonight. I made a strawberry creme brulee. I am also apart of another cooking blog where we take one ingredient a week or a recipe and make that and report back. See my post there for details on that endeavor. Which came out smashingly.

Tonight's dinner included a few things I already had on hand and I had all but 2 ingredients for the dessert and we still had fresh green beans from yesterday. So the couscous was the only thing that I had stored away in my cupboard. So my trip to the grocery store, still calculated but I didn't need to buy to much.

Dinner receipt breakdown.

Perdue Chicken $4.90
Strawberries      $2.50
Eggs                  $0.70

before tax $8.10
with tax $8.42

I did go over but once everything was made and eaten we have enough left over for dinner tomorrow making tonight's dinner $4.21 cents. 


No comments:

Post a Comment